Thursday 11 February 2016

A Night to Remember


      The clock had just struck one. I could hear the rattling of my windows in the darkness of the night. I lay down with my feet up against the wall and my phone shuttling between my left and right hand... 
Creak went my door. 
The light from the adjacent room creeped in through the ever gradually increasing opening being created. The thought of who it could be baffled me. Here I was alone in my house; no one had ever ventured into the boys quarter apartment willed to me by my late dad. I was a lonely outcast set against time. I drew back to reality, adrenaline pumping and slid skillfully across the bed and behind the door..not a sound was made cause I had learnt this from watching war films. Thank God for the gift of remembrance in dire situations. My heart began to beat as I stood still with sweat rolling down my forehead. Memories of all the horror movies I had ever watched flooded in. Lord, have mercy!
        I felt a tingle and realized a cockroach was frolicking on my trousers. A little swat sent it flying back across the room where it landed on clothes piled up on the floor. Only then did I realize dat my room had become a dump heaped with satchets of water and snacks piled over the months. This was just a sign of my unending depression. While imagining the debris I was housing unintentionally, a shadow caught my eye. 
A hand?
 No not a hand, a paw....
"Oh no!  This isn't happening", I muttered discreetly.

The hand had a mind of its own. It slid in and grazed against the door, inching closer to me.
Closer... 
another inch... 
A swift movement by the unseen being's hand and I winced; my eyes closed and I thought I was gone.
Seconds turned to minutes and I felt no touch. I opened my eyes and saw myself back in bed, legs against d wall like nothing had happened.

"Jesus Christ!. . 
 and a sign of d cross was all I could do before I heard this heart rending laughter. It sounded feminine.... Well, less scary,  I thought. Another laughter, longer this time around. Wait a minute, certainly not less scary. The kind you hear while performing an exorcism. All the hair on my body rose. Who knew I had this much hair. 
I tried to calm myself, to relax.
 Its just another imagination, I said to myself. My mind is weary and trying to free itself. I leaped up fearlessly due to new line of thought. I parted the curtains and slid the windows aside like an ambidextrous person... 
"Ashute ashama inege sirina"
Those words I saw written boldly on my windows. An object beyond was either gliding or sliding. It paused its pacing and only then did I realize it was a human form.
"Dear God", I exhaled. 
It turned and our eyes caught one another's. 
I saw my past, present and...future? as my soul leapt out of my body... 

9 comments:

  1. lol.. Horror movie in the making

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...thoughts of suspense i anticipated before reading and so it came to past. Nice and well worded...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best products in the market today is the pills designed to give your size a boost. They are known as male enhancement supplements designed to be taken in by men who wish to increase their size. Generally, T7 Power Max these pills are meant to increase the size of the penis' cavernous cylinders or boost the blood flow so increased hardness can be achieved. Different products have various claims for their techniques, which is why learning more about the trade can be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating habits are most important reason to increase the weight gradually. First and foremost, you have to give attention on your daily diet chart. Consumption of oily and fatty food put negative impact on the body. Perfect Keto Max People should avoid the oily food and start to consume nutritional food. They can follow some essential weight loss tips in terms of fit and healthy body.

    ReplyDelete