Sunday 3 January 2016

Once Upon A River

    It's the third  day of a new year. 2016 to be precise. And it's already kicked off in a great way. New year's day was great; got a lot of calls from loved ones. 


Also went shopping with my cousin in Milan.
OK, honestly not the real Milan. There's this place in Abuja my silly cousin and I go shopping for clothes and shoes. It's the only place I get good quality clothes and most importantly,  my size. So each time we shop and get home carrying the huge bags, we'd be like; 
(in whatever accents we dig up at that moment)
"Girl, had fun shopping in Milan today?"
"I sure did. Did you see those Louboutin shoes?"
 "Mmmm... Sexy!"
"And then the flight back was good.. Great food and exotic wines."
"Yeah... Damn! Best champagne ever."
And then we'll burst out laughing. 
You know, it's not only kids that daydream. It's fun. Try it sometimes. Thank me later. 

Anyway back to what I was saying. January 2nd was the bomb. Still surreal from the whole event. So my hiking friends and I (along with my cousin,,, we are together for life.. . Hehehehehe) went to Niger State, Nigeria. We went to see the Gurara Falls and I must say it was amaze balls. 






The journey there wasn't much fun though. The fun people were all in the first bus and my cousin and I took the second. 
The journey was approximately an hour and half.  When we arrived, we all got down and packed our picnic boxes. First off, we hiked down the rocks. Carefully! A little slip, one would roll down and probably arrive in another state. Lol. 

When we got to the bottom of the Falls, we sought out where to set up our picnic bags and music equipment. Met one set of racist white folks who told us to wait for two hours when they'd leave before we can set up. On my land? In my country? Tah! Never.  

So we adamantly set up and they left. *tongue out* and that's when the fun began. 
Watching the water from the top of the rocks cascade down to the bottom and continue its journey to only God knows where is the best thing ever. It was heavenly. 
Did I mention the little fishes? It was so cool watching them swim around. I got to feed them too. Would throw in a piece of bread and they'd gather to nibble. Cutest things ever! 

We ate, drank and then changed to our swimwear.... And into the water. Icy! I swam for a bit and then I went to join the set of friends doing a photo shoot in the river. I was slowly making my way across the rocks submerged under water when I slipped. The current immediately carried me farther down the river. Thankfully, a friend pulled me back up before it could whisk me away from humanity. 
We took some amazing shots, swam some more, ate some more, danced and chatted. 

In all, it was a great day. Will willingly do it again anytime anyday. You guys should try it out. You won't be disappointed. 

2 comments:

  1. My bae is surely having fun like a free bird,love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Yes I am. Nothing else to do. Lol

    ReplyDelete